Monday, April 12, 2010

The Lab: No Money

We're working on taxes today, a reminder of the piles of money that we don't have. Which is tortuous on many levels--particularly the home design front. I'm aching to have one finished room. Our house is a study in partial completion. Nothing is quite done and a lot is far from done. The armchair in my den (pictured), a Craig's List score for $50 (WITH the ottoman) was bought at a time when I thought we'd be able to swing the $500 to get it upholstered no problem. Cut to the recession. Now I'm stuck staring at this really depression South Western-looking fabric that screams Sheraton Four Points, Albuquerque. Right? I'm having a hard time envisioning it as an ode to Vivienne Westwood. Sad.

1 comment:

  1. heehee. I can relate! How many unfinished - or worse: DIY-attempted - upholstery projects do I have? Let's count 'em: 4 at least!

    ReplyDelete