Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy House: Lisa Borgnes' pad






I spent two hours at Lisa Borgnes' house last week doing an interview for an LA Times story I'm working re: her house and upcoming show at Acme Gallery. She's the woman behind abloomsburylife.com.blogspot.com. I was having a serious, serious bout of house envy. I know it's a way overused word, but her house is eclectic, and the different pieces of the puzzle--Anglophilia, mid-century furniture, fab wallpaper, lots of books, traditional architecture, the occasional wacky piece--were so seamlessly put together. I was having the hardest time with her breakfast nook, where she did the walls in Timorous Beasties' Nettle print wallpaper with a Tartan plaid seat cushion, a totally cute table... But, on the extremely positive side, Lisa is way cool. She's a mom, an artist and fabulous done-it-herself designer, and, best of all, normal. Just fun to hang out with. Here's her house. Look and weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment