Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Fab: Rebecca Roberston's NYC loft






I think I might have to borrow (steal) every single genius design idea from Rebecca Robertson's New York City loft. It's one of my all-time favorite houses. Robertson is the decorating editor at Martha Stewart. And in the September issue of the magazine, there's an article on some recent updates she's done to the place, also genius. So I recognize that this loft has some inherent fabulousness to its structure (I, for one, do not have an enormous winch in my living room, sigh), but there are also some extremely simple and cheap ideas here that are so steal-able. Like, in the master bedroom, check out that display of family photos. They're in plastic holders! Which not only means that this project would cost less than ten bucks, it also means that I could just print images right off my computer onto typing paper, and swap 'em out all the time. The precise grid gives it a graphic element that I'm loving. Go Rebecca. (I think this woman needs her own magazine, or at least a blog? She has one set up on Martha Stewart, but no posts yet. We're waiting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment